July 29, 2009

NYC Restaurant Recco!


When I was a freshman in college, I went for my first real interview at Vero in New York City. I was a complete nervous wreck and could barely eat, so I just ordered a caesar salad. Not only did I land the internship, but I ordered the best caesar salad I have ever had. Since then, I have been back many times. A few weeks ago I had dinner at the new Midtown location with the amazing Tammy Golson. Every Monday, you get a free panini when you order a drink. It was a great meeting over panini's, caesar salad, and watermelon sangria. They have a ton of outdoor seating. It's a great spot to check out if you're looking for a night out in the city.

My personal recco's at Vero?

Bruschetta Trio
Classic Caesar Salad

Spinach, Olives, Roasted Tomatoes, Fontina Cumin Aioli Panini
Portobello, Balsamic Onion, Tomato, Goat Cheese Panini

Penne with Roasted Mushrooms
Braised Lamb Shank

Watermelon Sangria
Vero Lemonade
Caramel Appletini

Vero Uptown is located at 1483 2nd Avenue btw. 77th and 78th. Vero Midtown is located at 1004 2nd Avenue at %3rd Street.

No comments: